Wabash Castings Inc. in Wabash, Indiana has a position available for a Maintenance Technician B. This position is responsible for
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in daily safety and planning meeting.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing PMs or thru downtime repairs. Preventive maintenance requirements on motor, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, furnaces, and other types of foundry equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts on equipment. Dismantles machinery in order to access part(s) needing repair replaces, repairs defective parts and reassembles machinery. Lubricates and cleans working mechanisms on production equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Must be capable of following prints, diagrams, sketches, manuals, and oral instructions.
- Must be capable of understanding printed PM format and able to fill out all paperwork involved.
- Must be willing to continue learning base with hands on experience or formal training of some type.
- Must maintain continuity among work team and management thru work actions and communication.
- Must read and understand work instructions.
- Must complete paperwork as necessary for position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good communication skills; and, work in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment; single and three phase, 110v & 24v dc controls, prints and schematics.
- Mechanical knowledge of troubleshooting, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs.
- Must have good judgment and decision making skills.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of how to appropriately wear job required PPE.
- Ability and willingness to learn, take formal training and meet the requirements of the WCI Maintenance Training Plan.
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions; and, to follow directions with attention to detail.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 75 lbs; tolerate repetitive bending and twisting; and, stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in temperatures with variations ranging from approximately 100 degrees in the summer to approximately 65 degrees in the winter.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Requires two years previous maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience welding with MIG and Arc welding.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; balance and stoop; stretch; and push pull, transfer, move, lift up to 75 lbs and occasionally 135 lbs. The employee must regularly stretch, push, pull, transfer, move, lift up to 75 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please send resume to:
Wabash Castings, Inc.
3837 West Mill Street Extended
Wabash, Indiana 46992