Candidate will perform all mechanical repairs on PPS production equipment, facility and grounds.
- Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
- Perform daily inspections and routine checks on production equipment and facility.
- Communicate on operator levels to help with trouble shooting and improvements.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend repairs needed or scope of work required for repairs on production equipment to help with production scheduling and downtime reduction.
- Perform all mechanical repairs on production equipment that is within PPS internal capabilities.
- Safely operate all tool room equipment (mill, lathe, grinders) as needed for repairs and improvements.
- Capable of welding with ARC and M.I.G. Ability to safely use cutting torch and plasma cutter.
- Safely perform minor electrical repairs on production equipment.
- Communicate with internal electricians and outside electrical contractors on any electrical issues or projects.
- Read blueprints, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work process.
- Help to develop P.M. procedures and review documentation on new equipment installs for future maintenance requirements and spare parts.
- Interact with engineering and management to recommend machinery upgrades or process changes to better maintain equipment or improve serviceability.
- Demonstrate safe general rigging practices when using auxiliary lifting equipment on Hilo.
- Must be capable of working from elevated heights such as roof, platforms, man lifts or ladders both inside and outdoors.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools that fits with in PPS capabilities.
- Work with outside mechanical, electrical or fabrication contractors as needed when scope of work is outside of PPS capabilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma
- 3+ years experience in machine repair
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Valid Drivers License
- Mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read drawings, blueprints, exploded views and schematics
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and all parts of machine repair
- Torches, MIG and ARC welding
- Fabrications applications experience
- Basic machining skills using Mill, Lathe, Grinders and small shop equipment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated safety consciousness
Please send Resumes to Marissa Clugston Email: Marissa.firstname.lastname@example.org