Exciting opportunity to lead a new non-profit organization in Noble County, Indiana. The Community Learning Center has been created to support organizations in the areas of health and wellness, creative expression, skill development, and life-long learning. The newly formed organization is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization. Successful candidates will have a strong relationship and community knowledge. Base Salary $60,000 to $65,000 plus benefit stipend.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org until May 24, 2019. Email correspondence only.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Community Learning Center staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Create an environment to foster community collaborations for program offerings that promote health and wellness, creative expression, skill development, and life-long learning.
- Responsible for the enhancement of CLC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Actively engage and energize CLC volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain staff to support the needs of the CLC.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate programs to ensure adherence to the mission.
- Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management; generally anticipate operating within the approved budget, ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Seek funding opportunities to support both capital and operational needs of the CLC.
- Develop communication plan to build community awareness for the work of the CLC and the supported organizations.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Serving as CLC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations throughout the community and utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance the CLC’s Mission.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the CLC throughout the community.
- Supervising and collaborating with CLC staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Overseeing Board and committee meetings.
- Overseeing marketing and other communications efforts.
- Reviewing and approving contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to mission of the CLC. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and build collaborative programming.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Salary & Benefits
- Base Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience.
- Benefits Stipend in addition to salary.