The Community Foundation of Noble County in Ligonier, Indiana has a position for a Financial Director.
Salary: $50,000 to $55,000/year
The Community Foundation of Noble County seeks a full-time Financial Director. The Financial Director is responsible for the care and oversight of the Foundation’s finances. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management, and a heart for serving the community. The Financial Director works with staff, donors, committees, and board members to ensure the Foundation’s assets are stewarded to the highest standard.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
Seven years of financial management and/or account ting experience. Knowledge of fund accounting is a plus.
Description of Position:
The Financial Director of the Community Foundation of Noble County is a salaried, full-time exempt position, that requires an average of 37.5 hours of work each week. The Financial Director is responsible for the Foundation’s financial, payroll, and bookkeeping activities. The Financial Director prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements, generates income and expense reports, creates and manages budgets, and generates fund statements. The Financial Director is responsible for the reconciliation of checking accounts and investments at month’s end, as well as payroll and accounts payable. The Financial Director works collaboratively with auditors, staff and Board members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
BOOKKEEPING AND FUND ACCOUNTING
- Make necessary transfers between the Foundation’s funds, to meet operating needs and expenses
- Post items into the General Ledger
- Reconcile checking accounts at month’s end, and complete other month-end procedures
- Set up fund information in Community Suite
- Prepare reports for fund representatives, as well as special monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Work collaboratively with our auditors to prepare annual audit, tax return and 1099s
- Prepare monthly operating financial statements, rate of return, and quarterly combined statements
- Perform monthly tasks to close the books, i.e. posting of prepaids, interest and investment and bank statements, etc.
- Calculate and post spendable amounts to funds annually
- Prepare grant reports for the Board and any other financial reports as requested
- Provide updates on unrestricted funds available for the Board and Executive Director
- Balance pledge entries
- Assist Executive Director in annual budget preparation
- Work with fund representatives to answer financial questions
- Prepare a quarterly report for the Investment Committee outlining current and future cash needs
PAYROLL AND RECORD KEEPING
- Process payroll, payroll tax deposits, and tax forms bi-weekly
- Prepare quarterly 941 and UC1 reports
- Prepare W-2s and the W-3 annually
PAYROLL AND RECORD KEEPING
- Facilitate necessary employee paperwork related to payroll and maintain a locked file containing the appropriate information
- Coordinate the operation of the Foundation’s Simple IRA Plan
- Evaluate/review personnel policies and procedures
- Maintain necessary personnel records
- Track all leave requests and maintain adequate records of employees’ annual Managed Time Off
- Complete wage reports
- Manage payments to vendors and grantees
- Enter A/P, post grant requests, gifts, and pledges
- Make necessary transfers for payables and payroll
- Complete deposits and maintain records
- Collect and monitor W-9s for vendors as required
- Audit petty cash as needed or at minimum, monthly
- Work with insurance company on workman’s compensation audits, claims and issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of office and common spaces throughout CFNC
- Become familiar with all CFNC policies and guidelines
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned as necessary or requested by the Executive Director
- Oversee routine document destruction, annual record retention and file maintenance
EXPERIENCE: Five years of financial management experience required
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management or related field required
Send resume to: Jenna@cfnoble.org