We are seeking a self-motivated person who can fundraise, organize and plan events, and partner with community leaders. The primary duties of the Development Manager are to manage JA boards and their budgets in the assigned counties of LaGrange, Noble, Steuben and Whitley counties. This position, along with the program manager, will represent the local JA operation and ensure quality service to schools, donors, and boards of directors in order to meet organizational goals. This position is full time and will report to the Director of Development in the East Unit.
- Lead and inspire a Board of Directors in each county to build a sustainable and growing funding model to meet future needs.
- Maintain, develop & build Board of Directors. Recruit a diverse and qualified board or advisory committee that represents a variety of industry in the county.
- Prepare reports for Board and Committee meetings.
- Manage all events and logistics with boards of directors.
- Assist programming staff to identify growth.
- Manage Annual Campaign and Partnership process.
- Research and identify past and new corporate foundation and individual interests to fund the assigned programs.
- Write and manage grants.
- Provide follow up and report back information to funders and implement a stewardship strategy.
- Prepare and manage the budget goals and pledges in the Development Report.
- Self-motivated, with a high level of energy Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills Ability to meet people and build rapport easily
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning Ability to discover new opportunities for funding
- Leadership qualities and can work independently Ability to organize many tasks at once
- Manage social media presence with boards Ability to set and achieve goals
Education and Work Experience
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Sales or marketing experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Send Resume to:
Junior Achievement of NE Indiana