Schust delivers innovative and efficient air pollution control solutions that help North American industrial manufacturers achieve compliance and improve the quality of air its workforces and communities breathe.
Our dedicated Field installers are an essential part of this mission. Schust is looking for a safety-minded Field Installer Level 1 who has a passion for clean air to function as part of a team involved in the fabrication and installation of industrial ventilation, blowpipe, structural steel, and sheet metal projects. The position will report to the Field Superintendent and has plenty of growth for the right ambitious individual who is entering this growing field. In full disclosure, you should also know that there is a good deal of travel when things are busy where your out of town stays could be 10 days on with 4 days off – and it could be that way for up to 70% of your work life. In recognition of this, and because our Field employees are so valuable to us, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package, along with a signing bonus for successful candidates.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Installation of dust collection equipment, make-up air units, fans, curbs, ductwork and sheet metal.
- The Field Installer Level 2 is committed to working in a safe manner and within the company’s safety rules and assists the project supervisor in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area/site and participate in offered training to increase knowledge, skills, and safety awareness.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, and other members of the project crew.
- Must have strong math skills and a basic understanding of trigonometry.
- Have a strong construction and mechanical aptitude.
- Must participate in the company drug and alcohol screening program including pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and random testing.
- The Field Installer Level 2 shall provide all hand tools to perform job duties.
THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Possess AWS SMAW D1.1 3G, 4G weld certification and have strong GMAW (mig) welding knowledge and skills.
- Possess a valid NCCCO Rigger and Signal Person certificate.
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license along with the For Hire endorsement and a DOT physical required to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to wear a respirator and to work in confined spaces as required by following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
- Must be physically capable of wearing respiratory protection as required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints.
- Meet the physical demands of the position, which include pushing, pulling or lifting 50-60lbs consistently, performing repetitive motion, and the ability to complete a physical ability test as part of the pre-employment screening process.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Possess a current OSHA 10 0r 30-hour card.
FIND OUT MORE
This is a lucrative mid-career position with a company that cares about and respects our employees. If you are interested, we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, a signing bonus for those qualified for the position, and on the job training to help you progress in your career with us.
Apply to Keith Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org