Grabill Cabinets is taking applications for CNC Machinists!
The main responsibility of this position is to produce products in a safe, high quality, productive and profitable manner using cabinet shop machines and processes. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an attention to accuracy and detail, a sense of urgency and a high level of commitment.
CNC Experience with wood is desired.
Primary Responsibilities: Setting up and running CNC machine, boring and doweling machines and other specialty machines used to make custom quality cabinetry.
- Set up of Machine to create parts in accordance with our quality standards at a fast pace. You will be responsible for changing tools, ordering supplies, cleaning of the machine and basic maintenance. Keeping a clean and organized work space. Performs the required amount of work that will enable the team to meet the weekly productivity requirements. Assists other areas or departments as necessary.
Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently with limited supervision and a great attitude, i.e. helpful, team player, focuses on getting the work done
- An aptitude for working with wood-working shop equipment, i.e. cnc, bore and dowel, table saw
- Attention to detail and quality of results
- Ability to read and interpret cabinet designs, blue prints, bill-of-materials
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating system
- Must be able to handle high value and high quality products with care
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with CNC equipment or other specialty machines
- Knowledge of materials (composite wood panels, laminates and veneers, solid wood, and acrylics)
- Experience in the wood product manufacturing industry, specifically furniture, and cabinetry
- Comprehensive knowledge of wood fabrication concepts and methods
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
Job Type: Full-time