At Sauder, we’re aiming to build a better world thru better furniture, but we can’t do it without our employees. Our company is growing and looking for honest, reliable people to join our team in New Haven, IN, USA.
Looking for a Maintenance Technician for 1st shift. Great opportunity to be part of a new team and a new facility. The Sauder Woodworking plant in New Haven, IN is launching with two pack lines.
Earn approximately $20 per hour. Wages will vary with experience. Pay increases at 6 months and 12 months. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401k match, holiday pay, referral bonus. retention bonus, and more!
Looking for an individual who can quickly solve problems and implement solutions, primarily working with production equipment, machine modifications and adjustments. The Maintenance Technician will work closely with the Production Area Leader and Manufacturing Specialist to complete projects and address concerns in safety, quality, and to improve machine efficiency.
Requires electrical and mechanical experience. Essential skills: Mechanical skills, excellent documentation and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and self-directed to work efficiently without close supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for maintaining the reliability of equipment.
- Identify root cause problems and potential solutions by working with others to improve existing machinery and processes using safe work methods and practices.
- Document and communicate closely with manufacturing/maintenance any changes that have been made.
- Develop spare parts list for all machine modifications.
- Help with the startup of new machines and lines, troubleshooting problems that arise.
- Utilize computer entry system to organize work orders, find parts and post time.
- Helps to implement and promote TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Electrical knowledge and troubleshooting skills are necessary.
- Troubleshot and edit ladder logic online with PLCs and their associated software.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic & electrical systems on all equipment utilizing electrical prints, & multi-meter and capable of utilizing notebook PC and programming software.
- When a mechanical component fails such as a gearbox, cylinder, or shifting valve, demonstrates the ability to specify a substitute component and successfully modify the design to restore functionality.
- Perform preventative maintenance — remove and reinstall guards, fill oilers, and clean, lubricate, and inspect machinery. Identify, repair, and replace worn parts such as, but not limited to rollers, lamps, chains, filters, and bearings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education with electrical and mechanical experience
- Advanced mechanical skills
- Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated and self-directed to work efficiently without close supervision
- Must be comfortable working above ground at various heights
- Excellent attendance record
Sauder Woodworking Co. offers a full benefit package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision coverage with company funded Health Savings Account, weekly vacation accrual, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, paid maternity and paternity leave, disability coverage, life insurance, employee referral bonus, paid funeral leave, Sauder Village membership, plus a sweet furniture discount! Sauder offers multiple pathways for advancement opportunities so you can build your lifelong career at Sauder.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran