https://freedomacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/FreedomAcademy_Horizontal-300x200.jpg 0 0 Janet Reade https://freedomacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/FreedomAcademy_Horizontal-300x200.jpg Janet Reade2023-01-31 16:20:322023-01-31 16:29:02Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Aluminum Recovery Technologies, Inc. in Kendallville, IN is searching for experienced candidates for the position of mobile equipment mechanic.
Full-time job Monday – Friday. Pay up to $35 per hour- or depending on skill set – Will pay for experience!
Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. Forklifts, skid steer, front end loaders, etc.
Responsibilities for equipment mechanic
- Maintain cleanliness of all mobile equipment including bobcats, front end loaders, forklifts
- Follow and promote safety culture within the shop
- Perform structural modifications and repairs on crushing equipment
- Examine and repair protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments to ensure proper working conditions
- Perform preventative maintenance services such as changing oil and fluids on equipment
- Trouble shoot minor electrical and hydraulic repairs on equipment
- analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment
Qualifications for equipment mechanic
- Must be able to drive and operate mobile equipment using levers and pedals to operate
- Previous experience working in a foundry preferred but not required.
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts, skid loaders, front end loaders
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Interpret manufacturer technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot reported problems including brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, potential problems or safety issues, and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Ability to work on LP, gas, and diesel systems.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensure work area, and methods used in carrying out job duties meet all safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with ever changing technology.
- Able to replace engines, transmissions, hydraulic pumps, etc.
- Two or more years of experience, Proven experience as Mechanic
- Preferred knowledge of forklifts rating up to 15,000 lbs.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
Job Type: full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime as needed
- How many verifiable years of mobile equipment mechanic experience do you have?
- Mechanical Knowledge: 2 years (Required)
Aluminum Recovery Technologies, Inc.
2170 Production Road
Kendallville, IN 46755
Apply by email to (FAITH.DAVIES@ALUMINUMRT.COM)