Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana is seeking a part-time Development Specialist
Would you like to work in a place where people come first? is work-life balance a priority for you? Do you want to be part of a team that is mission-focused instead of profit-driven? Are you good at details and love getting every step of the task right?
The Development Specialist provides administrative support by managing financial donor records, providing reports, recording essential information in CRM and generating donor appreciation communication.
A member of the development team, this individual participates in developing funding growth for the region through data analysis, systems training, reporting, data hygiene and strategic implementation of donation processing procedures. He or she will seek to identify opportunities to advance the mission and vision of the organization, making Cancer Services more effective and efficient in how it accomplishes its mission and goals.
This position is 30 hours, Monday – Thursday. Hourly wage is $15.00-$17.00 based on experience.
KEY RESPONSIBIITIES INCLUDE:
- Create/update/edit constituent data in the database as needed
- Perform high-volume data entry
- Create batches of constituent donations in the donor database and identify needed gift adjustments and/or gift linking
- Update, maintain and prepare Thank You letters for constituents
- Prepare donation and tribute lists for quarterly newsletter and annual report and other communication
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be people-focused with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people including donors, volunteers and staff
- Must be able to deal tactfully and work harmoniously with clients, visitors, the general public, related organizations and/or affiliations
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving
- Able to understand a need and create systems to meet that need
- Exceptional follow-through and ability to build trust
- Must have personal integrity, be discreet and be able to maintain confidence
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
- Eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets, the internet and online forms
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in data entry or equivalent training
- Professional work experience in social service, fund development or related field
- Current, active driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
Interested applicants can apply on Indeed here or email their resume and cover letter to Katherine Mac Aulay at firstname.lastname@example.org