Community Learning Center
The Community Learning Center is looking for a Pottery Studio Manager
Job Description and Qualifications:
Qualified Applicants will:
- Be Community Minded while working well to provide programming with The Community Learning Center to meet the needs of the community and Pottery Members.
- Is a proficient artist of ceramics and pottery.
- Is self-motivated with strong creative problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Has extensive experience with Kilns/Pug Mill, Glaze Mixing and Chemistry formulation.
- Is willing to teach as well as manage and oversee training studio assistants who assist in fulfilling Pottery duties.
- This individual is collaborative in nature and works well with others.
- He/She will understand Health benefits of keeping a clean studio. This proactive individual will work to find creative ways to improve the facilities in terms of aesthetics, function and safety which is an integral part of this position.
- The Studio Manager is expected to maintain an active creative studio practice in view of all who use or work in the studio.
This hybrid position will begin with 20 hours of work managing The Pottery with additional 5-10 hours a week, teaching classes for a total of 25-30 hours with programming. The pay will be $25 per hour. As programming continues to grow, the hours for managing and teaching will grow.
Please send resume to: Julia Tipton, CLC, 401 E. Diamond Street, Kendallville, IN 46755