Impact Institute has a job opening in Kendallville, Indiana.
Division/Department: Career & Technical Education, Adult Education
Job Title: Custodian
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Goal: To provide services that will maintain a healthy, safe, clean, and positive environment at assigned school site.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent
Type of Position: Full-time, 260 days
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of maintenance equipment used on assignments.
- Capable of doing heavy manual work in routine housekeeping duties and grounds work in and around schools.
- Ability to follow directives and to work equally well as a team member and without constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Develop a working knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in cleaning floors, walls, windows, light fixtures, and plumbing fixtures.
- Develop knowledge of care of equipment used in lawn and floor care.
- Develop ability to scrub, mop, wax, and polish floors.
- Develop ability to maintain bathrooms as a safe and healthy place.
- Develop knowledge of chemicals used in cleaning.
- Replace light bulbs where needed.
- Empty waste paper baskets and take trash to dumpster.
- Cut grass and perform other routine care of grounds.
- Move office and classroom furniture as directed.
- Deliver supplies to offices and classrooms.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide for a safe and secure workplace.
- Model and maintain high ethical standards.
- Follow attendance, punctuality, and proper dress rules.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and vendors.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions as required.
- Communicate effectively with staff and vendors.
- Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.
- Follow all school board policies, rules, and regulations
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrate support for the school district and its goals and priorities.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- All other duties as assigned.
Heavy work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
Terms of Employment:
Wages and benefits shall be paid consistent with the DeKalb County Eastern Community School District’s Collective Bargaining Agreement compensation outline. Length of work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Impact Institute.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Jodi Brayton
1607 Dowling Street
Kendallville, IN 46755